Another Hollywood Death Much like Britney Murphy and Michael Jackson
Posted Mar 10th 2010 9:46AM by TMZ Staff
Corey Haim collapsed in the bedroom of his mother’s apartment and four prescription bottles were found nearby … law enforcement sources tell TMZ.
We’ve learned Corey had been sick the last couple of days with flu-like symptoms. The medications recovered, however, were not related to his illness, sources tell TMZ.
We’re told no illicit drugs were found in the apartment.
Sources say Haim got out of bed just before 1 AM and collapsed in front of his mother. She called 911 at 12:53 AM and Corey was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead at 2:15 AM.
Corey’s mom told authorities he had been battling prescription drug addiction for years.
Authorities believe — though are not certain — Corey died of an accidental drug overdose.
UPDATE: We’re told the LAPD has wrapped up their preliminary investigation and it’s now in the coroner’s hands.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0hnbiPwAE
Posted Mar 10th 2010 12:28PM by TMZ Staff
A witness at the apartment complex where Corey Haim collapsed tells TMZ, paramedics — who arrived shortly after 1:00 AM — spent 20 minutes inside the apartment before carrying him out on a stretcher with an oxygen mask over his face …. suggesting Corey was still alive when he went to the hospital.
Corey was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital over an hour later.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0hncJmZaK