Elvis, #7, and “Jon Cotner”,—-very interesting! (Hoax Death?)
BySternschen87 from MJDHI forum…
I begin with Elivs live…..
• Nominated 14 times for grammy (7+7)
• 151 Gold-Platinum Records (7)
• 14 number one records (7+7)
• Country-Charts 7 number one hits
• Heartbreak Hotel spent 17 weeks at number 1 on Billboards Country Chart.
• His records have spent a total of 79 weeks at the number 1 position in the U.S.
• Many of Elvis’ songs were recorded on 7-inch records.
• On 7 July (7th month) 1954, Elvis debuted on radio.
• “Jailhouse Rock” was the first ever music video. ? Thriller was the first longtime music video
• “Suspicious Minds was another difficult song to sing. The incomplete takes appear here for the first time. The line “would I still see suspicion in your eyes” has Elvis stumbling. At one point, he sings in frustration, “would I still see, see see, **** you, rider”. There are seven takes here. Take 8 was the master.
• Elvis did 20 takes of In The Ghetto only 7 are including the almost perfect take one. Clearly, everyone knew how important this song was going to be which explains the many different backing variations and keys that Elvis had to sing. Each take is a joy to listen, whether complete or not. The Roger Miller song From A Jack To A King (Jacko?????) was recorded to please his father.
• 56: 25(7) April, He signed a 7 year contract:t with Paramount Pictures
• 1956 – 1963 (7 year period) 35 Hits in the Top 20
• At the beginning he wanted 25% of selling
• Last TV show at CBS at 6.1.1957
• 61 he abandoned singing to live audiences and turned exclusively to film making.
• 7 years later in 68 he started his comeback
• ELVIS: ’68 Comeback Special – Deluxe Edition DVD” is a seven-hour, three-disc set featuring all the material shot for Elvis Presley’s 1968 television special
• The time from 1970 till his death at 1977 (7 years period)Elvis spent touring in concerts all over the United States – around 1,000 concerts total.
Other strange things:
• His “Hound Dog” jet has “N777EP” in large letters
• The $7 telephone card (shown above) features ELVIS AARON PRESLEY wearing his gold lame’ suit– one of the world’s most famous and valuable costumes. (Michael Jackson Gold pants) Officially licensed by Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. in 1994. One gram of 999.9 fine gold encased in plastic. Created by AmeriVox / Luis Vigdor / Powell Associates, Inc. and produced in Japan by Mitsubishi Corporation. Limited to 77 test cards and only 9777 cards in the public release. This glorious, precious metal collectible is one of many officially licensed Elvis Presley phone cards that illustrate the connection between Elvis and 7. (Original face value of calling time was once $7. Over 7 years ago these Elvis gold cards sold for $117. The 77 test cards may be 7x more valuable.)
• The World of Elvis AmeriVox phone card series included 22 telephone calling cards with striking images of the King of Rock n’ Roll. Within the series, 7 telephone cards had a denomination of $7, including a solid gold card produced by Mitsubishi in Japan. A $7.77 Elvis card depicted Elvis teaching his pet chimpanzee Scatter to “read” on a movie set in 1962. Production was limited to 25,777.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1lRfk-rNLIk/S … s_Gold.jpg
• Graceland is about 14 acres ( Neverland??)
• The lightest Elvis ever weighed as an adult was 170 lbs.
• Elvis favourite drink: Pepsi.
• On 21.12.(also Michael related)1970, Presley met President Nixon at the White House
• One of his favorite movies was the Magnificent Seven
• Lived in Germany: Bad Nauheim, street: Goethestraße no 14
• Met his wife at the Goehtestraße: Priscilla Beaulieu, she was 14 years old at this time..
• Elvis Presley married Priscilla Beaulieu in 1967 after 7 years of courtship
• Elvis owned 18 TVs, including one installed on the ceiling over his bed.
• Elvis adopted a chimpanzee called Scatter.
Michael Jackson/ Elvis/ Lisa Marie
• In 1975, seven-year-old Lisa Marie visited her dad, who was performing in Lake Tahoe. He arranged to have her go backstage to meet the lead singer of one of the hottest boy bands of the era: 17-year-old Michael Jackson.
? Long time friendship?!?!?!
• Michael married Lisa Marie
• Elvis died in 1977 on 16 August (1+6=7).
• He had gone to sleep that morning around 7 a.m.
• At the time of his death, he was planning a European tour.
• Elvis died totally unexpectedly in 1977 from heart attack, prescription drug abuse being indicated as a cause.
• The ambulance took Elvis from Graceland at 2147 Elvis Presley Boulevard to Baptist Hospital 7 miles away.
• The Tennessee Historical Marker in front of Elvis’ Graceland is numbered 4E 77.
• In his will, Elvis left everything to Lisa Marie, who would take full control of it when she turned 25.
• Elvis was christened Elvis Aron Presley, but his gravestone reads Elvis Aaron Presley
Towards the end of his life, Elvis sought to add an ‘a’ to his middle name to make it a biblical name.
?Michael Joe Jackson ft. Michael Joseph Jackson
• 1997 Article: He’s still dead, but he has a new release. (new four-CD set ‘Elvis Presley Platinum: A Life in Music’ contains 100 unreleased songs by Presley and some of his favorite music by other artists)(Brief Article) CD : A Life in Music 70 Dollar
• 2008 Incoming 52 (7) Mil US- Dollar
And here’s Jon Cotner singing:
Hoax series on Elvis’ Death: